Pages

Thursday, May 11

Anything Else


This is a poem about anything else.


This is a poem about the way sun glistens off dew like little shards of glass.
-about the way I sometimes see laughter bubble and spill across the floors of our home.


This is a poem about the way my coffee mug warms my hands before my coffee warms my mind.
-about the way freshly-cut grass smells like sun and summer.


This is a poem about the way bike rides up the canyon make me feel like I’m flying.
-about the way everything quiets under snow-covered sky.


This is a poem about the way I walk along sun-softened tar, watching as my footprints hold then fade.
-about the way my ice cream cone melts and I lick it from my wrists.


This is a poem about the way ice cubes scribble like temporary chalk on blister hot cement.
-about the way cold ocean waves shock air from your lungs.


This is a poem about the way some of my smiles reach deep into my eyes.


And this is definitely not a poem about missing my dad.



2 comments:

  1. You are such a talented writer. I'm sure your dad is missing you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLISTER HOT CEMENT. I love this. Write more.

    ReplyDelete