Pages

Thursday, September 16

boob. buh ooo buh.

Hope this doesn't offend. (always a great way to start a post..)

I received this phone call while at work this morning:

Me: Color me Mine, This is Regan.

Stranger: Hi. I'm just wondering if you have any boob cups? (she pronounced boob: buh-ooo-buh. I think she wanted to make sure I understood the question).

Me: Uh.. (trying to process what she said. a few reruns later, I knew there was no mistaking the question). No. We don't, but you could probably turn one of our cups into a boob mug if you wanted. (It was at this point my co-worker peeked around the corner, a strange expression on her face).

Stranger: But you don't have any that're actually shaped like a boob? I really want the shape.

Me: Yeah, no. We don't have any, sorry.

Stranger: Alright, thanks anyway.

And I know what you guys are probably thinking: "Don't be so gullible Regan. It was a total prank."

But I'm telling you, as an experienced prank-caller, this was no joke. It sounded like an older woman, her voice did not crack once, and I heard not the slightest giggle in the background. For humanity's sake, I wish it was a prank call. But it wasn't.

I guess boob cups are just in demand these days. Which leaves me wondering, what would a boob cup look like exactly? Is the handle a bra strap? Where do you drink from? Would little boobs be tea cups and big boobs make beer mugs?

Too far. Sorry. The call just left me curious, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment