Pages

Wednesday, May 26

In need of remodeling...

Before I begin, let me just say that I am not in any way writing this post to guilt you into complementing me. Really, I just have some thoughts. So hear me out...

I'm sick of being so self-conscious about my body. And the way I see it, I have two choices: change it (diet and exercise) or become a less selfish person. That may sound weird, but I just had a sort of epiphany. If I were more involved serving others and trying to be Christ-like, I doubt my stupid body issues would be so constantly bothering me.

My body works just fine and I really should be more appreciative than I am. It's stupid that I'm ever bothered by the fact my body is not perfect. Really. How many perfect bodies even exist? Not many. I just want to be one of those happy, selfless people. You probably know a few...the people that are so concerned with others, their self doubt just gets cast to the side. I need to serve others. And yes I know diet and exercise are important-- I just need to be doing it for the right reasons. Health, respect for my body...not the worldly reasons that have too often been my motivators.

Basically, I just need a little spiritual remodeling. I don't have time to be so selfish. There are people out there in need and I have probably been so darn concerned with my shortcomings to notice them.

I want to be a better listener, rather than commanding whole conversations (yes I'm aware that's tragically hypocritical, seeing as this is MY blog and I'm the sole contributor...sorry). I want to make people feel loved. And I don't think I've been doing a very good job, but I'm sure going to try. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment